|On my birthday. Not pictured: Bloody Mary|
MY FAVORITE POSTS THIS MONTH
- Goodbye to the Circus. A fun, circus-inspired outfit! Plus an Aqua song, so suck it.
- A Walk on the State Trail. Pleased with my pictures that day, minus the ghost! It was also a very good time to first wear my ...
- FINISHED PROJECT: Winter Cowl. I wear this every day, still! It's still nice & cosy, the yarn hasn't spitballed or even stretched out too bad. The only thing is that is so thick, it bothers me if I wear it while driving! Eep!
MY FAVORITE THINGS ONLINE THIS MONTH
- Last Minute Halloween Costumes by Anika! I love Knope!
- Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe from Miss Adri. I haven't tried this yet, but sure want to. :9
- Meli's Magical Moments Monday feature! Plus, the elephant on the logo is awesome.
- The 25 Best Simpsons "Treehouse of Horror" Stories. Granted, I haven't watched Simpsons in years, but back when the show was good, the Halloween episodes were my favorite.
- DIY Hand Stitching. So cute.
|Hors d'oeuvres at my birthday meal, made by Mark's sister. (PATE')|
SONGS & TV & GAMES & MOVIES
- Professor Layton and the Last Specter. I love Prof. Layton; it's one of my all-time favorite game franchises, so I was more than excited when Markie bought me the game for my birthday! I haven't played tooo much, just because of how crazy work got around Halloween. (Hello, overtime!) But, I hope to get back into it soon.
- London Life. The 100-hour Mother 3-esque RPG included in the Layton DS game. Wow! It is so cute and fun; it makes it very hard which game to start when I turn the DS on. I love the graphics and the characters are really silly. I had a big muscular man move into my room, but then move out when he didn't like my frilly drapes. His loss!
- Adventure Time Halloween episodes! Flesh-eating zombies, anti-decay formula, and spooky ghost in a mansion at a masquerade party?! Is it weird that I actual got a little creepied out while watching? I loved Finn's little fox mask!
- Spooky Tunes. I love Halloween music! Oingo Boingo's "Dead Man's Party," Ministry's "Everyday is Halloween," Iron Maiden's "The Number of the Beast," any and all Misfits, and more. I love it year round, though, so I'm not sure if it counts.
- Zodiac. Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy! We own this movie, but I love that it played on TV thanks to Halloween time. Matches my Zodiac tattoo. ;)
& ALL THE REST
- THE WEDDING! Best ever! ♥ Channa's bachelorette party was more than a blast, too ♥ Getting to the Ren Fest one last time.. ♥ The duck cossoulet supper that Amber made for my birthday ♥ seeing my favorite local band, fronted by one of my RakStar sisters, Kelly, Old Towne Ghosts on Halloween ♥ handing out candy at the mall on Monday night and seeing all the cute kids ♥ watching the MN Wild on TV with Markie lately ♥ uh, the Wild JUST making two goals within 10 seconds of each other ♥ my new tattoo! ♥ Karl, my tattoo artist, singing along to the Misfits my whole tattoo session ♥ Markie's pork chops ♥ experimenting with nail polish a little ♥ sushi supper on my birthday ♥ the Vikings winning last Sunday! ♥ signing up for my new Barnes and Noble membership that I got as a gift ♥ buying salted caramel mochas with that discount card ♥ Leinenkugels Oktoberfest beer ♥ learning a new ripple pattern in crochet ♥ candy ♥ candy ♥ candy
|Halloween costume dress up, party of one. Peachy!|
WHAT TO LOOK FORWARD TO IN NOVEMBER
- Christmas stuff! I already enjoyed my first Gingerbread Latte from Starbucks. I love Christmas, even more than Halloween, so I'm more than ready for the decorations, clothes, drinks and treats, music, and everything that is involved to begin.
- Dancing in the cities. RakStar was invited to dance at a juried show at a bellydance festival in Minneapolis later this month. Some very big, national bellydancers will be there! How flattering!
- Thanksgiving. I love eating and being with family. Clearly.
- My first non-retail Black Friday. I'm planning on sleeeeeeping. And saving money.
Here's to November! 2011 is sure coming to a close quick, huh?